What does a bankruptcy attorney do? Or, what can a bankruptcy attorney do? Many of our clients ask these questions and are often surprised by the answer. To answer that question, we’ve put together a list of things that we at The Law Offices of Neil Crane, as bankruptcy attorneys, can help you with and when you should take the hardest step of all and talk to us. You’ll be glad you did.
Contact a Bankruptcy Attorney When you Feel Like Debt is Becoming an Overwhelming Problem
Whenever you feel like you just can’t solve your financial problems on your own. Whenever you feel like just working harder isn’t working, you need to take the hardest step of all and seek help from a professional. We’ve helped thousands of Connecticut residents with struggles just like yours. It just takes a first call.
When you Need Assistance with Your Budget
Successful budgeting in the high-cost State of Connecticut is difficult. Even when people start out with good financial habits, they often get talked out of them by persuasive marketing messages that praise the value of buying now and paying later — even if it means extra debt.
At The Law Offices of Neil Crane, LLC, we understand that the best way to avoid giving away your paycheck is to properly solve your pressing financial problems and then create a budget without debt and stick to it. Your budget should always plan for paying off all the principal amounts on credit card debts. The average Connecticut budget cannot afford to waste money on big monthly debt payments.
The only way to make a budget work is to make smart decisions and avoid debt. Consumer debt and credit cards destroy budgets and prevent financial health. At the Law Offices of Neil Crane, LLC, we can help. Our goal is to solve immediate problems and help you make long-term, smart financial decisions. Whether we begin our legal representation with debt relief, bankruptcy or foreclosure concerns, we make sure that you understand your Debt to Income ratio — and that budgeting can put your financial life back on track.
When you Need Debt Relief Answers and Experience
More than just a debt relief company, we are a law firm. We understand that financial concerns are legal concerns and our team of attorneys has been focused on helping our clients find debt relief and mortgage solutions for over 35 years. Focused on helping individuals and families in Connecticut, we are dedicated to the local communities we serve and we believe strongly in what we do.
If you are struggling with any kind of debt, our goal is to help you find a global resolution. We can provide you with the immediate relief you need and the long-term financial stability you deserve. We have the resources to address all forms of secured and unsecured debt, including:
- Credit card debt
- Car loans
- Tax debt
With a long-term working knowledge of all forms of debt settlement options, we will help you find the solution that works best for you. Creditors and banks have a vested interest in making people avoid bankruptcy. We use that fact and our reputation to our advantage to negotiate the best possible settlement, but we will never counsel against filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, if it is in your best interest. You have a right to a successful financial future and we have a duty to provide it to you and your family.
When You need to Stop Creditor Harassment
At The Law Offices of Neil Crane, LLC, we are tenacious and focused on successful results. Since 1983, we have helped thousands of clients immediately stop creditor harassment and phone calls. Our attorneys help people stop harassing phone calls, threats, deception, unfair debt collection practices and other violations of their rights. We fight creditor harassment and handle all communications with debt collectors and creditors from the first moment of our representation.
When You Need to Protect Your Assets
The Protection of your legal rights to stop creditors and maintain ownership of your assets in all circumstances, including bankruptcy, is a complicated and high-liability area of the law. It’s a challenge and responsibility that we take very seriously. It demands the knowledgeable and aggressive skills of an experienced asset protection attorney; schooled in all chapters of bankruptcy with a history of proven client recoveries. To have the best possible results, be sure to seek specialized legal counsel and representation swiftly, to prevent your legally protected assets being attached or seized.
Proactive Measures to Protect Assets from Seizure and Court Judgment
Advanced preparation and a full working knowledge of all state and federal laws for your protection assures that you will be able to achieve the greatest results possible at the Law Offices of Neil Crane.
Our attorneys always work quickly to handle collections, suits or any other legal actions brought by your creditors. If you are facing repossession or any other type of debt collection, bankruptcy could be the best viable option. Properly handled by an experienced attorney, bankruptcy provides asset protection, debt elimination and protection of your financial fresh start. Bankruptcy will immediately protect assets from loss to creditors or lawsuits. Bankruptcy stops the foreclosure process and can stop or reverse levies, attachments, wage garnishments and lawsuits.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy protects your property, your home, car, pension, 401(k), clothing items and other household goods without repayment to creditors.
- In Chapter 11 bankruptcy, you are able to reorganize your business, including the terms of all your business liabilities and debts.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows all the protections of Chapter 7, along with comprehensive treatment for all debts with payments of certain important obligations, like arrears over time in an affordable three- to five-year repayment plan, carefully crafted by our attorneys well in advance of any Chapter 13 filing.
Our Clients Often Say, “I Wish We Had Called You Earlier!”
When talking to a Bankruptcy Attorney, here are the things to watch out for:
1. Don’t trust your future to an out-of-state service, company, firm or web site. Meet us instead of relying on someone who gives advice but isn’t available to meet with you in person. There’s nothing more personal than your family budget. Every family budget involves unique circumstances. We examine each case individually to create a customized plan just for you.
2. When it comes to advice from nonprofessionals, a little knowledge is dangerous. Lots of people have lots of opinions based on no real experience or too little experience. Every problem is different and every circumstance unique. Advice based on too little experience won’t always fit and could be entirely incorrect for you. We are professionals who have been helping people resolve debt and foreclosure problems for 35 years.
3. Be wary of anyone who says, “Don’t worry.” You should feel free to worry. It’s truly scary to be in financial trouble and have your house and family threatened for financial reasons — and if worry gets you to us to seek out true solutions with permanent, positive outcomes, worry away.
4. Be wary of people who say “Trust me.” You shouldn’t trust anyone just because he or she says so. A lot of mortgage and financial problems start with trusting people who don’t have your family’s best interests at heart or the wealth of knowledge necessary to properly advise you. Trust must be earned through hard work and success.
5. Be wary of things that are too good to be true. If it sounds suspicious or too good to be true, it probably isn’t true. Things that defy your own sense of logic are often incorrect. If it doesn’t seem right or feel right, don’t do it. Financial problems can make you feel out of your element. You’re in trouble, but you’re still smart. You just need proper guidance from someone with the experience gained from decades of solving financial problems just like yours.
6. Don’t start something that isn’t a complete plan for recovery. You need a plan with a defined ending that’s intelligent, clearly designed and within your capabilities. Many bad endings start with advice that’s easy and incorrect. You need a complete approach with a good beginning, middle and end before you take any steps. Look hard before you jump — all good solutions start with a good plan, not just one easy first step. Call us to evaluate your circumstances and design a complete plan for your financial recovery.
7. Don’t enroll with anyone who won’t put you in touch with prior clients. Check out our testimonials and our rating with the Better Business Bureau. Any company you’re going to trust with your finances should have many reliable references available to speak with you about the success the company achieved for them. If you can’t speak to people who’ve had problems like yours solved by this company, don’t go forward. Your first chance is your best chance. At The Law Offices of Neil Crane, LLC, our past clients are our best references. Our past clients will gladly help your family by telling you exactly how we helped their families.
Contact Us, Your Experienced Bankruptcy Attorney
With a team of experienced attorneys dedicated to helping clients across Connecticut, we are uniquely positioned to help you resolve your debt concerns. And with five locations across the state, one of our lawyers will be available to speak to you face to face. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation and learn more about how we can help you get back on your feet.