Consumers can sue creditors who have violated consumer protection and fair debt collection laws. Unlike other attorneys, we are not afraid to file suit against creditors who violate your legal rights.
Every case is unique, but if you are being harassed or abused by debt collectors, we always offer a free consultation to properly evaluate your case and help you make informed decisions about all of your best options.
With our help, you may stand to gain the following:
- Financial compensation in statutory damages
- An immediate halt to all contact with all creditors/collectors or any harassing parties
- A full examination of the validity and true ownership of the debt, and the actual correct amount of any obligation
- Additional compensation for any actual damages you incur because of creditor/collector harassment
- Creditor/collector will be ordered to pay your attorney fees if you obtain a favorable ruling.
What Debt Collectors Can I Sue?
Under the right circumstances, we can sue any debt collector/creditor that violates the law to harass or abuse you in the following ways:
- Verbal harassment and threats
- Deceptive tactics and statements
- Contacting your family, neighbors, friends or employers and discussing your debt or anything pertaining to collections directly
- Presenting you with false information
- Calling you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- Seeking to communicate with you despite knowing that you are represented in the matter by an attorney
We handle legal matters with banks, mortgage lenders, auto loan financiers, medical providers, insurance companies, credit card companies, debt collection agencies and others. Our knowledgeable and skilled lawyers can sue harassing debt collectors in New Haven, throughout Connecticut and anywhere else in the country.
We represent Connecticut consumers, and we will uphold your rights against creditors and debt collectors of all types. Regardless of the amount of debt you carry, we can help you.
We can help you save your home, stop foreclosure, stop creditor harassment and obtain debt relief for a brighter future.