Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer Hartford, CT
If you’re considering filing bankruptcy, please call a Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer in Hartford, CT from The Law Offices of Neil Crane. More people file Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 than all other types of bankruptcy combined. While these two bankruptcy types are the most popular forms for personal bankruptcies, they differ quite significantly in their purpose, structure and results. An experienced local Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer from our Hartford, CT law office can help you determine which type best fits your particular situation.
FILING CHAPTER 13 BANKRUPTCY IN HARTFORD, CT
Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a customized court-enforced reorganization that enables individuals with any source of income to develop a plan to repay all or part of their debts based upon their individual income and expenses and the importance of each type of debt. Chapter 13 allows you to keep all your property and pay debts over a three-to-five-year period based upon your particular economic circumstances.
At the Law Offices of Neil Crane, we understand the full process and comprehensive benefits to filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy. At the Law Offices of Neil Crane, our Hartford, CT Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyers use properly filed Chapter 13 petitions and Plans of Reorganization will allow us to assist you in the following:
- Stopping foreclosure: Filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy provides an immediate automatic stay against all creditor actions, including the immediate stoppage of a foreclosure action, even on the eve of foreclosure
- Modification of your mortgage or mortgages: Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows for deceleration of any mortgage such that you no longer have the obligation to repay the entire loan and instead can repay the back-due payments – the mortgage arrearage – over five years. Regular monthly payments are automatically resumed as of the date of your next scheduled monthly payment, and any collection or foreclosure process is stopped by federal law.
- Creating a Chapter 13 plan for repayment: Chapter 13 empowers our specialized and experienced bankruptcy lawyers to create a customized plan for all your debts and the reorganization of secured debt, including a defaulted mortgage obligation over three to five years. Payments are made pursuant to a court-approved Chapter 13 Plan created by our office as your legal counsel in accordance with Bankruptcy Code provisions and your household income.
- Elimination and/or tax repayment: Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows for the elimination of older state and federal income taxes in full along with favorable payment plans for more recent taxes, like real estate taxes and all other types of taxes, including state and federal income taxes.
- Repayment or removal of different types of secured liens: Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows for the elimination, removal or repayment of secured obligations such as delinquent taxes, water obligations, sewer obligations, state or federal taxes, and judgment lien obligations.
Second Mortgages and Lien Removal in Chapter 13
Chapter 13 allows for the removal of all forms of secured obligations, other than residential first mortgages, if there is no available equity to support those obligations. This means that “underwater” second mortgages can be removed from your home by “lien stripping” under Chapter 13. Chapter 13 lien stripping also allows for the removal of:
- Equity lines are removable
- Tax liens are removable
- Attachments are removable
- Statutory liens are removable
- Attachments are removable
At the Law Offices of Neil Crane, we are the leading provider of Chapter 13 bankruptcy relief and lien removal services throughout the State of Connecticut. We are the largest, most successful Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyers in Connecticut.
Contact Us to Learn About Lien Removal and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Reorganization
At the Law Offices of Neil Crane, we’ve been providing Chapter 13 bankruptcy solutions in Hartford, Connecticut since 1983. We always offer a free consultation. Please do not hesitate to call us today at 203-230-2233, or complete our online contact form to discuss your questions and concerns with an experienced Chapter 13 attorney.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.